As a healthcare consumer you have rights. This includes the right to choose your provider. Learn more about your rights and responsibilities.
- Choose your oxygen provider and to exercise that right at any time during your therapy.
- Be treated with dignity, courtesy, friendliness and have your property respected.
- Benefit from the organization’s commitment to safe delivery of services and products.
- Receive service in a safe manner that minimizes or eliminates any hazard associated with the service or product.
- Receive any benefits from services and/or products and/or practices that improve the safety of the service provided.
- Receive prompt set-up and continuity of services from the referring agency to your home.
- Receive a timely response from ProResp when the home care equipment or additional information is needed or requested.
- Be fully informed of ProResp policies, procedures and charges for services and equipment, including eligibility for third-party reimbursement.
- Receive an explanation of all forms you are requested to sign.
- Receive home care equipment and services regardless of race, religion, political belief, sex, social status, age or disability.
- Participate in decisions concerning home care equipment needs, including the right to refuse service within the confines of the law.
- Have all of your records (except otherwise provided for by law or third payer contracts) and all communications, written or oral, treated as private information.
- Have access to health records pertaining to you and request a correction of erroneous personal information.
- Express dissatisfaction and suggest changes in any service without fear of coercion, discrimination, reprisal or unreasonable interruptions in service.
- Receive information on ProResp mechanisms for receiving, reviewing and resolving your complaints or concerns.
- Be assured that your rights are honoured by all ProResp staff.
- Be informed of your responsibilities regarding home care equipment and services.
You, the client, agree to:
- Ensure that your place of residence is safe for implementing ProResp’s home oxygen services. For example, animals shall be secured during visits; no open flames where oxygen is to be administered; no smoking during the ProResp’s staff’s visit; etc.
- Use the equipment with reasonable care, without alteration or modification, and return it in good condition (normal wear excepted). The equipment shall remain the property of ProResp unless purchased by the client.
- Promptly report to ProResp any malfunctions or defects in the equipment so repair or replacement can be arranged.
- Provide ProResp with access to all equipment for repair or replacement, maintenance and/or pickup.
- Notify ProResp of any hospitalizations or change in health insurance, address, telephone number, physician, or when you no longer medically require the equipment.
- Accept all financial responsibility for home medical equipment furnished by ProResp.
- ProResp is not responsible for accidents or injury caused directly or indirectly by the use of equipment.