ProResp Inc. is the largest Ontario-owned provider of home respiratory services. We are a member of the Trudell Medical Group, a Canadian healthcare organization established in 1922, which develops, manufactures and delivers health care products and services worldwide.
We currently have the following opportunity:
Customer Service Representative (Medical Office Administration)
Located: Toronto near 401 and Leslie.
This is a Full-time Permanent Position (Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:00pm)
Customer Service Representatives at ProResp are responsible for the customer service of our clients, office administration and reception, general bookkeeping functions, warehousing, inventory management, as well as other office support functions. As a team member, you will play an integral part in continuing the success of community respiratory care.
Why Choose ProResp?
Because you can make a meaningful and lasting impact on an individual’s quality of life. Every ProResp employee is considered a caregiver and an important part of our mission - helping people breathe easier. Working for ProResp - means that you become part of a team that provides compassionate, innovative, high quality health care and exceptional customer service.
We take pride in creating a work environment that allows you to grow, both professionally and personally. We strive to make ProResp a positive environment where you are happy to come to work and motivated to provide outstanding client care.
Our reputation as the leader in respiratory care in Ontario is the result of our experienced, dedicated and passionate employees. We choose people who are aligned with our mission and values and strive to maintain the highest quality care and service for clients and partners.
What We Offer
In addition to fair and competitive compensation and the joy of working for an ethical, reputable, positive company we offer:
- Challenging careers that impact patient care and the opportunity to learn constantly
- Clear, consistent and demonstrated values
- Socially responsible environment
- Steady business growth
- An environment that is supportive of promotions and transfers
- Professional Development
- A voice in Employee Surveys
- Regular 2-way communication with leadership
- Regular performance reviews
- Regular Salary Reviews
- Comprehensive Group Family Benefits including:
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Out of Country Insurance Coverage
- Disability Insurance
- Paid sick days
- Annual paid floater day
- 3 weeks paid vacation to start
- Paid Overtime
- Company-paid licensing fees (for designated positions)
- Intake of new clients and maintenance of client records in an electronic database (new record creation, scanning and data-entry)
- Provide high quality customer service in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and competing deadlines
- Liaise with clients and staff in the community regarding services, appointments and scheduling, products, information and be the first point of contact for incoming service requests
- Process referrals, orders and triage incoming calls and information as appropriate
- Resolve customer complaints and concerns according to established procedures
- Process client purchases and complete necessary invoicing, control cash, cheques etc. in accordance with cash handling procedures
- Maintain inventory of in-stock respiratory products and equipment, office supplies, daily receiving and participate in regular inventory counts
- When required, troubleshoot equipment and product issues with clients
- Other duties/tasks as assigned by the manager
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated self-management and self-motivation skills
- Ability to work well independently and as team member
- Excellent multi-tasking capabilities; able to handle a very busy office environment and multiple telephone lines
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic)
- Experience in phone reception, customer service and administrative support in a healthcare environment
- Strong skills in general office procedures such as inventory, client records, accounts receivable, invoicing and applications
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite including spreadsheet applications
- Agreeable to participate in applicable background checks as a condition of employment
- Medical office assistant education or experience
- Good understanding of respiratory products
- Experience with Assistive Devices Program
Hours of work: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Some flexibility in hours will be required to meet business needs. Some additional hours may be required for inventory.
Education: Secondary school graduate at minimum. Post-secondary education in a field of office administration.
Language Requirements: Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
Physical demands: Walking, sitting, standing, pending, reaching and some lifting abilities (up to 40 lbs).
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.