Personal Information Notice
Keeping your personal information private is part of our commitment to you.
ProResp Inc. (ProResp) provides a variety of respiratory services. To meet your needs and serve you well, ProResp may be required to collect some of your personal information. ProResp is proud of its longstanding commitment to maintaining the confidentiality and security of personal information and has implemented practices to protect the privacy of your personal information.
You, as an individual, have the right to know how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You have a right to expect that, to the best of our ability, we retain your personal information accurately, confidentially and securely. ProResp may collect, use, disclose and store information about you and your health. This information is collected to assist in the provision of your respiratory care and to facilitate reimbursement for these services from third-party payers, such as the Ontario Ministry of Health.
ProResp may use a third-party software/database and/or cloud-based system to store patient information and to allow access for remote monitoring and therapy setting changes. In doing so we shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that such information is within the circle of care with all appropriate security and privacy safeguards in place. Upon specific patient request, ProResp shall provide information on the third-party providers’ privacy safeguards and policies.
The information we may collect includes:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address and your Ontario Health Card number;
- Facts about your health, medical history and the health care you have received; and,
- Information necessary to obtain payment for your health care.
We use and share this information only with those who need to know it. We might use your information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To serve as a means to communicate with your health care providers and your physician;
- To make decisions about the types of medical equipment and services you require;
- To monitor the provision of our services, evaluate your response to services provided, make remote therapy setting changes, and to analyze for quality control and improvement;
- To send you equipment maintenance reminders or notify you of service or product offers;
- To communicate with insurance providers, the Ontario Ministry of Health, or other agencies acting on your behalf to assist with payment of goods and services you receive;
- To invoice for goods and services;
- To process credit card payments;
- To collect unpaid accounts; and,
- To assist in complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
Your rights are as follows:
- You may see or have access to your personal health information;
- You may have access to your health records;
- You may request a correction of erroneous personal information;
- Your personal information is private. We cannot and will not give out any of your personal information without your consent unless authorized by law; and,
- You may make a complaint to the local operation manager or our privacy officer about access to your personal information, or about how it is collected, stored, used, or disclosed to others.
For privacy related questions: