ProResp provides care in accordance with the Connecting Care Act and O. Reg 187/22 which governs the provision of home and community care services. That regulation requires that:
Every health service provider (including ProResp) shall ensure that the following rights of patients are fully respected and promoted:
- To be dealt with in a respectful manner and to be free from physical, sexual, mental, emotional, verbal, and financial abuse.
- To be dealt with in a manner that respects your dignity and privacy, and that promotes your autonomy and participation in decision-making.
- To be dealt with in a manner that recognizes your individuality and that is sensitive to and responds to your needs and preferences, including preferences based on ethnic, spiritual, linguistic, familial and cultural factors.
- To receive home and community care services free from discrimination as per the Human Rights Code or the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- A patient who is First Nations, Métis or Inuk has the right to receive home and community care services in a culturally safe manner.
- To receive clear information about your home and community care services in a format that is accessible to you.
- To participate in the assessment and reassessment of your needs, as well as the development and revision of your care plan.
- To designate a person to be present with you during assessments, and to participate in the development, evaluation and revisions to your care plan.
- To receive assistance in coordinating your services.
- To give or refuse consent to the provision of any home and community care service.
- To raise concerns or recommend changes related to the services that you receive, and with policies and decisions that affect your interests, without fear of interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
To be informed of the laws, rules and policies affecting the delivery of the home and community care services, including this Patient Bill of Rights, and to be informed, in writing, of the procedures for initiating complaints about the services you are receiving.
O. Reg. 187/22: Home and Community Care Services under the Connecting Care Act, 2019, S.O. 2019, c. 5, Sched. 1