Services & Safety Protocols During COVID-19
ProResp has extensive expertise and experience to provide safe, reliable care to patients during this pandemic while working collaboratively with physicians, hospitals, senior living residences and other community partners. We know what’s at stake and we are prepared to serve, keeping patients at the centre of their care.
Our teams are trained on infection prevention and control protocols for everyday practice and during a pandemic. We comply with directives issued by Ontario Health and Public Health Ontario, including:
- Self-screening of employees for COVD-19 symptoms daily
- Use of hand hygiene and personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Maintaining a supply of PPE in each vehicle and office with additional inventory at our Head Office in London, Ontario to help provide continuity of services.
- Screening of patients and caregivers prior to every home or office visit.
Our respiratory therapy equipment is routinely disinfected before being provided to patients to protect against the COVID-19 virus and other pathogens. We maintain inventory of equipment and related supplies at local offices with reserves also at our Head Office.
Bringing Respiratory Therapists to the community is the foundation of ProResp. Our Respiratory Therapists are trained to manage the care of those we serve effectively and safely; their expertise adds confidence to our patients and to our health system partners.
HOSPITALS, PRIMARY CARE AND SPECIALISTS
We continue to be prepared for increased referral activity as hospitals are discharging patients to make room for acutely ill COVID-19 patients.
We are limiting visits to hospitals, medical offices and other practice settings and relying on technology to exchange information. We will collaborate with our healthcare colleagues, completing in-home respiratory assessments when clinically indicated and requested.
Specifically, for patients, after screening to assure safety, ProResp will:
- Provide same day oxygen assessment and in-home set-up as requested.
- Provide portable oxygen for hospital discharge.
- Complete In-person or virtual follow up assessments, as appropriate, using our client-centred program (Pro2Care) with a focus on care planning and patient safety.
PATIENTS AND CAREGIVERS
CPAP, AutoPAP and BiLevel PAP Therapy
Our offices will continue to be open for essential services including PAP therapy. We are here for your therapy needs and offer the following:
- Regular office hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., call for an appointment or to place an order.
- In-office and curbside pick-up or home delivery (fee applies to home delivery).
- Daily screening of all staff.
- Screening of all office visitors.
- Mask use required by all staff and visitors (unless medical contraindication).
- Mask + visor to be worn by clinical staff during appointment.
- Disinfection of common surfaces after each appointment.
- Virtual PAP set-up option.
- Virtual support option for follow-up care and communications.
Our commitment remains to provide effective PAP therapy in a patient centred, safe, and comfortable environment that encourages long-term therapy compliance.
Oxygen Therapy, ProResp will:
- Require staff, patients and others in the home to wear a mask during all in-person contact.
- Provide ongoing oxygen delivery. Where possible, patients can place their empty oxygen supply on their porch or entrance and ProResp will exchange.
- Not request signatures for the delivery of supplies and on Care Plans.
- Maintain physical distancing of two-metres from patients during all visits where possible. For required close contact with patients (e.g. during a required clinical assessment) we will use appropriate PPE, hand hygiene and minimize the amount of time).
- Disinfect equipment used during patient assessments, including stethoscopes and oximeters, before entering and after leaving patient homes.
For patients with SUSPECTED OR CONFIRMED COVID-19:
- ProResp will perform the services listed above, keeping the need for in-home visits to a safe minimum. We will utilize appropriate PPE for each visit (mask, gown, gloves and eye protection).
- Equipment removed from these homes following service will receive curbside decontamination prior to loading onto our service vehicles. Disposable supplies will be discarded at patients’ homes.
Note: ProResp employees will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when in your home – masks, gloves, gowns, eye goggles – when required by provincial directives or otherwise determined as clinical best practice.
SENIOR LIVING PARTNERS
- Participate in essential visitor screening before entry.
- Require all ProResp employees serving long-term care and retirement homes to be tested for COVID-10 weekly.
- Provide your teams with adequate oxygen/respiratory equipment and supplies to the best of our ability.
- Suspend the requirement for delivery signatures.
- Provide initial assessments on residents started on oxygen therapy.
- Perform on-site assessments when necessary to help prevent ER transfers.
- Provide respiratory therapy phone consults with your registered staff regarding resident care concerns
- Be available on-site to your team for assessments during declared outbreaks.
- Adhere to IPAC and COVID-19 specific polices, Directives and Guidelines for Essential Visitors.
For those with respiratory conditions who may be more vulnerable to COVID-19, the safest measures you can take are to stay home and away from crowds and to avoid travel. We encourage you to keep active - take a walk outside when weather permits or find other ways to stay active.
Follow these measures recommended on the Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 website to reduce your chance of infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Receive your COVID-19 vaccine
- Stay home; wear a mask when you need to go out
Find a ProResp community Respiratory Therapist near you.
Helping People Breathe Right at Home!